Pages

Wednesday 22 April 2020

Tupac - "sometimes I cry"

This is one of the five short story that we have to try and complete in English, the same things apply to the Alicia keys story, read and complete questions give my our teacher.
Sometimes I cry
By Tupac Shakur

Sometimes when I’m alone
I cry because I’m on my own
The tears I cry R bitter and warm
They flow with life but take no form
I cry because my heart is torn
And I find it difficult 2 carry on
The world moves fast and it would rather pass u by
Than 2 stop and c what makes u cry
It’s painful and sad and sometimes I cry
And no one cares about why.

  1. What is this poem talking about? 
This poem talks about someone who is depressed, crying and feeling hurt but no one notices, he tries to speak but won’t, people won’t stop to ask “why” or “what happened” that caused you to cry.
  1. Find 2 examples of ‘Rhyme’ from the poem
‘I cry because my heart is torn
And I find it difficult to carry on’
‘The tears I cry R bitter and warm, they flow with life but take no form’
  1. Find the definition for ‘Colloquial language’ - write it here. 
It is a form where you proper language is needed but with common words that people say when they talk (slang words)
  1. What are some examples of colloquial language from Tupac’s poem? Write it here. 
“Than (2) stop and ( c ) what makes you cry”
  1. Why is colloquial language important to use in rap?`
It helps to introduce and get the message across to the audience
  (especially to younger audiences, teens, students e.g)

1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Mafi , my name is Jorjah and I am a year 7 student that attends Paihia School. I absolutely love your blog post about sometimes I cry because I can strongly relate to the poem also the poem was very heartfelt. That is amazing piece of art that was said and gave me a huge emotional response. What was your first emotion when reading this poem ?

    ReplyDelete